Monday, April 23, 2007

Busy Bees

Let me start by thanking everyone at OMRF for the awesome baby shower they gave us on Friday. Yes, it was our second baby shower, we are so spoiled. Bev and Monica, two amazing ladies, put it together for us. These girls just so happen to be very good friends of mine and also just so happen to be Kenny's students, wierd, I know. Everything went really well and we got such great stuff for our little girl. I'm so excited!
I was relieved that I didn't get sick during the baby shower. That morning I had had another blood pressure drop episode, so I was dizzy and basically sick as a dog all morning. Poor Kenny had to pick me up and drive me home, which I'm sure was a nightmare for him. I was sitting there in the passenger seat feeling like I was going to die with the world spinning around me and there was nothing he could do about it. Poor guy, he tries to talk me through it, but most of the time I'm just not listening or I'm snapping something back at him. Sorry, honey! I don't mean it, I promise! At least I didn't have to go to the hospital this time. It's amazing what a good long nap can do for you.
The baby shower was a good kick off for the rest of the weekend. On Saturday I went and visited with my mom and brother for a good long time. We had fun, like we always do. My brohter is an amazing kid, he has become very protective of his big sister and little neice, it's great! Meanwhile, Kenny was at home mowing the lawn and working on odd jobs around the house, Saturday was Kenny's productive day. Sunday was definitely productive day for me, though. I worked all day washing Elise's clothes, bedding, drapes, and basically everything else in her room, trying to get it ready for her big arrival. I felt so overwhelmed with the amount of things that I still had to do before she gets here, so I got to work on it! Now her crib is all set up, and everything I need is right in its proper place, ready to go. There are still a few details I want to work on before she gets here, but we're ready for our little girl. I can't wait to have her here.

No comments: