Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Who is this maniac?

pregnancy cartoon
My poor dear husband! 34 weeks along, and I have been an absolute emotional roller coaster. So far, Kenny has been quick enough to keep up, though sometimes it's been a bit shaky! I find that sometimes I just want to lay down and cry over the dumbest things. Some days I can't stop expressing my joy and fascination over this whole thing. I'm smiley and bright and I just want the world to know how happy I am. But then, the next day rolls around where anything will set me off. It could be that I had a rough night, and my discomfort made sleep impossible (which is usually the case). On those days all I want is for this baby to be out. I always end up feeling so bad for being such a baby, because in retrospect, it wasn't that bad, and I truly do have it easy. Just yesterday I went to the grocery store after work because I was going to cook a special meal. I waddled around the store for a while until I was satisfied that I really didn't need anything else (only to find out later, that I completely forgot to pick up laundry detergent to wash the baby's clothes!). I got home and found myself exhausted from my long day, it was getting late, so dinner would be finished too late, and Kenny wasn't even hungry. Kenny had gone to a reception earlier and had already eaten. On any other day, I would have been relieved, less work for me to do! But yesterday, this seemed to be some sort of infinitely deep source of frustration. I just wanted to cry. I had to walk away from the situation and completely clear my mind of it. After the consumption of several strawberries and much time spent in the peace of our backyard, I was able to pull myself together. Geez, I'm a mess!

No comments: