Tuesday, May 1, 2007

It's MAY!

Yay!!!! I can't believe I've made it to May, and I am 36 weeks along! Kenny says that we're officially in the safe zone, and she's free to be born at any time. I went to my 36 week appointment yesterday. I left with a feeling of positivity, it was far more productive than my appointments usually are. Usually my appointments are about five minutes long, the doctor asks if I have any questions, and she tells me everything's normal, and that's it. This time Elise's heart rate was a little slower than usual, which means that she's almost ready to be born!
During undergrad I did some work with zebra fish where I would spend hours looking into a microscope at little baby zebrafish wiggling around inside their chorion's, and I would have to try to break the chorion open without injuring the babies while they wiggled. Several times during this pregnancy Elise has been a wiggly monster in there, and I told Kenny that she reminded me of a little baby zebra fish.
According to our appointment yesterday, she's definitely not a zebra fish anymore! Her little body is just putting on fat now so that she'll be ready for her big arrival. The doctor checked me and she said that I am 1cm dilated! Sure, it doesn't necessarily mean anything, but I'll take it! Only 9 more centimeters left to go. I'm sure Elise will come on her own time, when she's good and ready. She seems to be getting herself prepared, which is so exciting! I can't wait to meet my little girl.

No comments: