Thursday, May 17, 2007

So this is what it's like...

to be sleep deprived!!!! My goodness, what I wouldn't give for a good night's rest. My zombie-like state reminds me of the countless nights that I would stay up cramming during finals week in college. At least I still have time for a daily shower this time around. I am hoping that this little one comes soon, I don't want to think of going through another month of discomfort. It sounds worst than I mean it to, but I just really want some sleep. I get extremely nauseated as soon as I lay down and even if I can put up with that, it isn't long before all my muscles start aching because of the lack of blood circulation. This baby is so big, she's cutting off my blood supply! Last night I slept about 2 hours. I spent the rest of the night flip-flopping in bed like a fish out of water. I finally decided to move to the couch to see if it offered me a bit more comfort. After a few more hours I finally managed to fall asleep, only to be awaken by Kenny thirty minutes later as he walked across the house yelling something about Emma (one of our cats). I have no idea what he said, I was too tired to understand anything at that point. Needless to say, I could not fall back asleep after that. Kenny took a bath while I watched another episode of Baby Story on TLC (which, I admit, I am hopelessly addicted to). I thought I was uncomfortable at seven months, boy, was I ever wrong! I guess this is just a taste of those restless nights I have to look forward to once Elise comes into this world.
Okay, enough complaining. I'm sure I will not die of sleep deprivation. I keep meaning to put up some more pictures here, but unfortunately, my home computer is broken. No computer means no scanner means no new pictures for my blog. At least I am still able to keep posting between experiments at work (teehee!). I like to tell people that my computer was hit by lightning, because it sounds cool, but I think it just broke because it is old. Oh well! I'll try to get it fixed as soon as I get a chance, then I can put up some pictures.

No comments: