Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Still no action

pregnancy cartoon
I went in for my 39 week appointment today. There has been no birthing action going on, and I'm kind of disappointed. Granted, my actual due date isn't until Sunday, but I was hoping for some kind of excitement by now! I think everyone at the doctor's office is getting pretty tired of seeing me every week. Everyone was saying things like "where's the baby?" and "haven't you delivered that baby yet?". No, no, I'm still here, still pregnant. I know that I am not going to be pregnant forever, Elise will come on her own time. My doctor said that she usually likes to induce at 41 weeks, so if I make it to my next appointment we can schedule a time to get things rolling. She said that I am two centimeters dilated now, which still does not necessarily mean anything, but only 8 centimeters left to go! Come on little one, time to see the world!

No comments: