Thursday, May 10, 2007

Stretchmarks!

That's right, I said it. That terrible word, filled with dread and sheer unhappiness. I think everyone will agree with me that stretchmarks are definitely uncool and unattractive. Well, add me to the list of victims of pregnancy stretchmarks.
Yesterday I got home and went about my daily routine of slathering Belly Butter on my gigantic belly. I was so proud, no stretchmarks. I was loving my body for the super powers it held in avoiding falling victim. No problems, until I looked in the mirror! My belly is so big now that I can't see the bottom half of it without looking in the mirror. Oh, I should not have looked! Right there beneath my distorted belly button was my very first pregnancy belly stretchmark, and it was hiding from me! I put the Belly Butter down and cursed all the laws of nature, it just isn't fair!
Okay, so maybe I'm over-dramatizing it, but it was still disappointing. 37 weeks along, and I get my first stretch mark, what the..?!? That's not supposed to happen! Oh well, I have plenty of stretch marks elsewhere to keep it company. I just hope this little one is born soon so they don't get out of control!

No comments: