Tuesday, May 29, 2007

What the..?!?!

Where is the baby????? It is May 29th, officially past my due date. I did not get to update this blog over the weekend because I discovered, amongst other things, that Kenny's computer will not let me do so. I really need to get my own computer running. Anyhoo, so it is past my due date and Elise still has not made her appearance. Why doesn't she want to come out?????? Despite my non-labor angst, I did manage to have a wonderful weekend. My sister Vero and brother-in-law Eloy are in town, they came just to meet Elise, and she's not even here yet! They got here on Saturday and we have been having a blast hanging out. On Saturday morning, me and Kenny went to the art festival on Paseo, it was nice. I enjoyed just walking around and seeing all the art, people, and just enjoying the sunshine. That night we went over and had dinner at my parent's house, as my sister and Eloy had arrived. My mom made me a special jello cake that I had requested, it was soooooo good! We had alot of fun just talking and catching up with my family. On Sunday we went out to lunch, and then went to go scope out strollers. We found some nice ones, but I still have not committed to any. We then went back to my mom's house to watch some movies. We saw Lady In The Water and Pan's Labyrinth. They were both good movies, we had a good time. Yesterday, Memorial Day, I spent most of the day cleaning up the house. My lack of energy was rediculous. I would sweep one room and then have to take a twenty-minute break, because I was so exhausted. I made dinner reservations for the whole family at Shogun's, we had fun watching the guy do all his tricks, and the food was pretty tasty too. Mom said that the only thing that was lacking was some hot sauce, I guess they just didn't have any. The whole weekend was pretty great overall.
This morning I got a little excited because I felt a pretty strong contraction, it's actually what woke me up this morning. I have only felt one other one ever since, so I'm not going to get myself too worked up. We had another doctor's appointment this morning at 10. Before we left, I bid farewell to my old '96 Ford Contour, as the American Cancer Society is scheduled to pick it up today, I'm gonna miss that old clunker.
My doctor is as surprised as I am that I have not delivered this baby yet. She checked me again and said that I am now 3 centimeters dilated. So, there is some progress, but still no baby. We decided to go ahead and schedule a date for induction. Past your due date, the placenta becomes drained of nutrients and is therefore not able to supply the baby with nutrients as well as it had been. We want to give Elise the best chance possible of success once she is born, with minimal medical assistance, so it was best to schedule the induction. So here it is...we are scheduled to have labor induced at 5:30 AM on Thursday, May 31st!!!! How exciting! We finally have a date! So, sometime between now and Friday I will officially be a mom, yikes!!!!! I am very scared and very excited.

No comments: